Sending Flyers in the Post

Post details of your rave flyer, poster, tickets, magazine sales you have and are willing to sell or swap with other members in here.
msj2uk

Sending Flyers in the Post

Post by msj2uk » 01 Nov 2012, 00:10

I would just like to give a bit of advice when sending flyers via Royal Mail or other delivery services... I had some flyers delivered, recorded delivery (thanks Blayboy)... They were in the envelope (un-opened) inside a sealed clear plastic Royal Mail bag. A message on the bag said 'Our Sincere Apologies' :-o ... The postman said 'The envelope looks like its got oil on it, I'm really sorry.' ....OIL? :(( .... If the flyers inside had NOT been inside a plastic bag, they would have been damaged. :( luckily this time they were ok. #:-s :D
;;) LizzHW from Leeds ;;)

sterns75

Re: Sending Flyers in the Post

Post by sterns75 » 01 Nov 2012, 21:43

Postman pat gets worse all the time, i've often had batches split open and then re-sealed. In the main the flyers are all fine but RM are very heavy handed. :(

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 03 Nov 2012, 08:34

I always stick them in a plastic wallet. Fortunately I've never had any damaged in the post, but a couple of times they haven't arrived :(

beach_borosix

Post by beach_borosix » 08 Dec 2012, 18:43

I would get a brand new board backed envelope, stick your flyers in a plastic wallet and put it in a envelope... But... I would also put another bit of scrap cardboard in the envelope and put it ontop of your flyers to separate them from the paper front and to stiffen up the envelope even better... Depending on the weather... If it is wet I would put brown tape around the edges so if the postie is carrying it in his hand it is protected against rubbing if it is raining... And most importantly... Send your flyers in the manner you would like your flyers to be recieved... Recorded is a must to prove you sent them but Recorded goes through the normal postal channels so bare that in mind... If they are rare eg '89 flyers... Send that by special delivery!... If they are worth under thirty quid = recorded delivery!...

beach_borosix

Post by beach_borosix » 08 Dec 2012, 18:46

But then again... I have been sending recently without a stiffener and they have been reaching their locations unscathed!... I would only go through the stiffener malarchy if I was on the bay!... And if peeps asked for it...

Return to “Rave Flyer, Poster, Ticket, Magazine Sales & Swaps”