Flyer Scanning

Information and updates etc concerning its-all-about-flyers.com
PeterConcept

Flyer Scanning

Post by PeterConcept » 29 Oct 2015, 22:19

I have recently been scanning all my flyers but am unsure if i'm doing it correctly. I just wondered if anybody could give me some tips on how to get the best scans. All my scans look very pixulated .i have 1000s of flyers to scan so want to know i have got it right before i carry on. And upto now have scanned just over 400 flyers (Both Sides) I'm scanning at 600dpi With everything set at default but unsharp mask is on. What other tweaks should i click to get an unpixalated scan. (Well to me they look Pixalated. So not sure if this is normal)

Please Help

phatmedia

Re: Flyer Scanning

Post by phatmedia » 30 Oct 2015, 09:07

PeterConcept wrote:I have recently been scanning all my flyers but am unsure if i'm doing it correctly. I just wondered if anybody could give me some tips on how to get the best scans. All my scans look very pixulated .i have 1000s of flyers to scan so want to know i have got it right before i carry on. And upto now have scanned just over 400 flyers (Both Sides) I'm scanning at 600dpi With everything set at default but unsharp mask is on. What other tweaks should i click to get an unpixalated scan. (Well to me they look Pixalated. So not sure if this is normal)

Please Help
Hello mate, welcome to IAAF.

600dpi is plenty to scan them at. I generally do mine at 300dpi which is fine too and helps keeps the file size to a reasonable amount.
Not sure why they would appear pixellated for you, unsharp mask should make little if any difference. Unsharp is a bit misleading as it does actually mean it sharperns the images so will add a little crispness but not a lot.

Have you checked the actual size dimensions of the scans too? Not sure if its possible but they could be scanned at 600dpi but 10mm x 20mm instead of 10cm by 20cm. Its unlikely but worth a try. You could also post or put a link of one of the more pixellated ones on here so we can have a look and see if there is anything odd with the scans.

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 30 Oct 2015, 19:02

Strange.. 600 dpi should be pretty good scans and not really pixalated at all, even fair large.

PeterConcept

Post by PeterConcept » 30 Oct 2015, 19:36

i would be happy to post some scans and a picture of my settings. But i'm not sure how. I just wanna make sure im doing it right with the amount of head banging scanning that im gonna do.

PeterConcept

Post by PeterConcept » 31 Oct 2015, 09:57

It would be better to have an email address to send a few of my scans to. So then i can send you the whole file. Rather than scaling down the flyer to post on here as it wouldnt be the same as looking at the untouched scan. Cheers

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 31 Oct 2015, 15:39

PeterConcept wrote:It would be better to have an email address to send a few of my scans to. So then i can send you the whole file. Rather than scaling down the flyer to post on here as it wouldnt be the same as looking at the untouched scan. Cheers
Will send you my email address on via pm.

Return to “Announcements, Updates, Problems, Questions & Suggestions”