Ravescene article about 'The Golden Times'

Wigs
Site Admin

Ravescene article about 'The Golden Times'

Post by Wigs » 18 Oct 2013, 19:11

Picked up issue 50, the other week which had somehow eluded me up until this point.. Anyway, an interesting article where they reminisce about the golden times.. Nothing ground breaking, but it struck me this was only in 1994..

Scan1_zpsf04c95c9.jpeg
Scan1_zpsf04c95c9.jpeg (153.29 KiB) Viewed 484 times
Scan_zps3371a1dd.jpeg
Scan_zps3371a1dd.jpeg (180.67 KiB) Viewed 484 times

phatmedia

Re: Ravescene article about 'The Golden Times'

Post by phatmedia » 19 Oct 2013, 10:47

Wigs wrote:Picked up issue 50, the other week which had somehow eluded me up until this point.. Anyway, an interesting article where they reminisce about the golden times.. Nothing ground breaking, but it struck me this was only in 1994..
It is mad to think how in only 6 years we got nostalgic about the good old days. Just shows how fast the dance music scene progressed.
What does my head in is the rebranding of dance music as EDM!! Its not new, its all old skool remixed!

blayboy

Re: Ravescene article about 'The Golden Times'

Post by blayboy » 19 Oct 2013, 11:12

Have always found that theres always someone that did it earlier bigger and better than you!! Their probably right but sometimes this just clouds there vision and stops them actually being able to have a good time as the scene evolves!!

I have seen flyers from 1989 with 'Old skool' Rooms playing the classics from the good old days.... from when the scene was still good ect ect! i-)

EDM is just a commercial label that enables big companies to make big money from Calvin Harris, Disclosure, Example ect... wouldn't pay too much attention to it... still loads of good parties and events happening playing D+B - Tech House - ect where people wouldn't have taken any notice of the term edm!!

Dont forget there were always people trying to make a commercial profit by exploiting Dance Music since 1988.... Theres always been these nasty Dance compilation CDs (D-Mob, Black Box, 2 Unlimited, Snap even SL2 and the Prodigy were all exploited) :-Q

Return to “All Other Magazine Articles”