Only me!

Are you new to the forum? please take some to say hello and tell us who you are
dest

Only me!

Post by dest » 22 Oct 2015, 12:36

Thought it was about time I joined up somewhere like this :)
I was a big flyer collector (+raver and DJ) starting late 91, around that time I travelled all over the UK for work.
Due to the nature of the job it allowed me time to always hunt out the local record shops and of course grab some local flyers that I wouldn't normally of got at my local shops back home.
I've had the collection of them tucked away in cupboards ever since.
I thought it was about time I did something with them.
I would love to be able to upload them all somewhere so everyone can look through them with a view to selling/auctioning some.

Any suggestions?! :)

Wigs
Site Admin

Re: Only me!

Post by Wigs » 22 Oct 2015, 15:36

dest wrote:Thought it was about time I joined up somewhere like this :)
I was a big flyer collector (+raver and DJ) starting late 91, around that time I travelled all over the UK for work.
Due to the nature of the job it allowed me time to always hunt out the local record shops and of course grab some local flyers that I wouldn't normally of got at my local shops back home.
I've had the collection of them tucked away in cupboards ever since.
I thought it was about time I did something with them.
I would love to be able to upload them all somewhere so everyone can look through them with a view to selling/auctioning some.

Any suggestions?! :)
Welcome to the forum.

A good place to upload would be either Flicker or Photobucket as you can create a free account. ;)

Be interested to see them. :-BD

phatmedia

Post by phatmedia » 22 Oct 2015, 15:41

Hi Dest

Sounds like you will have quite a nice varied collection stashed away there. If you could be bothered, check out http://www.phatmedia.co.uk/flyers You can search to see if we already have your flyers and if not it would be wicked to see them uploaded there! Cheers.

dest

Post by dest » 22 Oct 2015, 17:54

Ive had a photobucket account for years, but hate using it now its so slow and hard to use compared to years ago!

Earlier I had a quick look though some and checked http://www.raveflyers.co.uk/prices.htm and already found some that weren't listed on there.

Once they're uploaded to photobucket or other hosting, where is the best place to post them? I'd love for as many people as possible to enjoy them.
I keep thinking Facebook would be a good place to put them all?

Edit: Just had a look at the Phatmedia site, looks like a good place to start!
Do they have to be scanned or are photos ok?
Do you prefer both sides to be uploaded?
I have some that won't fit on a scanner, so will do what I can

phatmedia

Post by phatmedia » 22 Oct 2015, 18:33

dest wrote: Edit: Just had a look at the Phatmedia site, looks like a good place to start!
Do they have to be scanned or are photos ok?
Do you prefer both sides to be uploaded?
I have some that won't fit on a scanner, so will do what I can
Hi Dest

Best if you could scan them if you have time. If they don't fit on the scanner you can scan in sections and send to me and I can put it together in photoshop if you want.
Check they're not already online at phat first so you don't waste your time scanning. We all know how mind numbingly time consuming that is!

dest

Post by dest » 22 Oct 2015, 18:54

I'm a photoshop wizard, so no problem there :)
I just fancied a quicker way of doing it, but I know there isn't one really :))

I've just tried to add a flyer, after uploading the scans is that all you have to do? I couldn't see anywhere to submit it, and its still showing as none uploaded by me

phatmedia

Post by phatmedia » 22 Oct 2015, 22:43

I see you've got the hang of it now but Ill reply incase anyone else needs to know...

After uploading the scans you should see the thumbnail pics render and then appear as image. This means a successful upload. You can then choose which of the scans is the default image.
And thats it pretty much, you can leave it or click New Flyer to do another.

Then I get a notification to go in and approve the new uploads! Great to see these, good additions and flyers ive not seen before.

http://www.phatmedia.co.uk/flyers/user/dest

dest

Post by dest » 22 Oct 2015, 23:14

I've already got a decent pile to work though, so hopefully lots of new ones to come soon :)

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 24 Oct 2015, 10:35

dest wrote:I've already got a decent pile to work though, so hopefully lots of new ones to come soon :)
Nice one... Phatmedia is the place to put them :-BD

dest

Post by dest » 24 Oct 2015, 19:11

I've already stuck 9 on there, plenty more to come.
Its nice to have some to share that aren't already on there :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”